Financial, Retirement and Investment Planning Services in RI
Financial Planning & Retirement Planning
Intelligent, certified financial planning is the key to Balanced Wealth Management’s success. Investments, in most cases, are what clients want the advisor to take care of. However, successful financial planning is a true collaboration between advisor and client, as we figure out what your goals are. Balanced Wealth Management, in East Greenwich, RI, uses technology and extensive questionnaires to identify your financial goals, and then creates a comprehensive plan to reach those goals. Through utilizing a detailed, yet simplified strategy, clients become engaged and tied to their financial aspirations. Throughout each calendar year, clients will update their financial plans and make adjustments in order to attain their objectives. Whether it is management of assets, investment management, personal wealth management, or retirement planning, our fee-only advisors have your best interests at heart.
Investment Planning & Wealth Management
Investment planning is a multi-step approach to selecting the correct asset allocation in client investments. Through detailed questionnaires and technology, our financial consultants at Balanced Wealth Management in Rhode Island will produce a correct asset allocation: meaning how much you should have in large cap, mid cap, small cap, international, emerging markets, fixed income, etc. We will then conduct a detailed process regarding the selection of funds that will represent that allocation in each area. Through ongoing research, asset allocations will change over time, and investment choices in each asset class will be researched, tested, and changed by our asset managers if necessary. The key to successful wealth and investment management is this multi-step approach, and our certified financial advisors, asset managers, and planners are dedicated to helping our clients in Rhode Island make the very best choices, in terms of their assets and wealth.
Highlights of Investment Process
- Our financial planners primarily use exchange-traded funds and actively managed mutual funds.
- When choosing funds, two of our top priorities are selecting funds in the top quartile and low expenses.
- Our certified financial advisors discover our clients risk profile through questionnaires, goals and past experiences.
- Our advisors formulate an asset allocation that covers all major asset classes.
- Our planners choose the mutual funds that will represent the asset classes and their target percentages.
- Our CFPs continuously test each of our funds against their peer group and index. That test, along with many others, provides notification if it is time to make a change.
- Our advisors annually rebalance client accounts.
- Our planners tax manage portfolios, placing interest producing investments in nonqualified accounts and dividend producing investments in nonqualified accounts (taxable). We also pay special attention to capital gains in taxable accounts.
- Our certified financial planners annually review client’s goals and objectives and make any allocation changes based on time, change of goals, etc.